Reading Reduces Stress
"Reading was proved:
- 68% better at reducing stress levels than listening to music;
- 100% more effective than drinking a cup of tea;
- 300% better than going for a walk and
- 700% more than playing video games.
- Reading for as little as 6 minutes is sufficient to reduce stress levels by 60%, slowing heart beat, easing muscle tension and altering the state of mind." — Dr. David Lewis - 'Galaxy Stress Research,' Mindlab International, Sussex University (2009)
I have found love, romance, sadness, melancholy and happiness in between pages of these books. Ask anyone who reads books, novels and non-fiction content. They will tell you that these books help them relax and detoxify their mental state. As an avid reader myself, I find great joy in finding myself in the world of books. The best part is even you can too.
Reading a book is very easy, all you need to do is sit at a place and open the book and start off one word after another and slowly progress to lines and then paragraphs. Reading will slowly become a habit and become a routine part of your life provided you start enjoying them.
The best ways to deal with stress is to start this wonderful and angelic habit of reading books.
1) As you draw your attention from the troubles of the outside world, the window into another world of words open up to infinite possibilities.
Your thoughts that are on overdrive after a hectic day can slowly move away into something far more soothing as your thoughts now switch to the book, the words and the characters are the things on your mind, you lose focus of the things that were meddling with your patience before.